Lily Flower Arrangements NYC
Mahir Floral & Event Designs is New York City's choice for premium flower arrangements. Our elegant displays are in homes, offices, and stores everywhere. Many of our popular options include or spotlight lilies, one of the most well-known flowers in the country. This gorgeous, hardy bloom has earned its fame thanks to its many varieties, which can make it the perfect complement for any holiday, birthday, or anniversary.
The Meaning of the Lily
The history of the lily is long, with species of it hailing from all over the world. The most popular origin story for this flower traces back to the mythic ancient Greek gods. In this story, Zeus wanted Hera to nurse his son, though he was not her child. While she was sleeping, Zeus put the baby next to her to nurse. When she awoke, some of her milk spilled, and from it, the lily grew.
This tale speaks to the lily's symbolism of fertility, innocence, grief, and rebirth. Still, the meaning can vary based on what color you choose:
- White: These lilies represent purity and rebirth and are common at both weddings and funerals.
- Pink: Pink lilies are the perfect gift for your mom, wife, or any woman in your life you want to appreciate.
- Red: Vibrant red lilies make a modern alternative to a bouquet of roses, signifying the same love and passion in a unique way.
- Orange or yellow: These are a great way to show your thanks and cheer up your closest friends. They also represent beginnings, so they make a fine congratulatory gift for a new job or graduation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about our lilies with these frequently asked questions:
How Long Will My Lily Bouquet Last?
When well-cared for, fresh-cut lilies can thrive for up to 10-14 days. At Mahir Floral & Event Designs, we only cut our flowers once you order them, ensuring your arrangement lasts as long as possible and is still market-fresh when it arrives at its destination.
How Can I Care For My Lilies?
For you or your recipient to make the most of your arrangement:
- Trim the stems by about an inch and remove any leaves that will fall below your vase's waterline.
- Change the bouquet's water every couple of days and add plant food to the water to encourage growth.
- Lilies react best to indirect sunlight, so try to keep them away from windows during the brightest parts of the day.
Do You Have Same-Day Lily Delivery?
Mahir Floral & Event Designs is proud to serve the NYC area every day. If your arrangement's destination is in any part of NYC, including Manhattan, you can request same-day lily delivery. In fact, our daily delivery services are available for most of our luxury bouquets if you find yourself in need of a last-minute gift.
Order Lily Delivery in NYC and Manhattan
Any bouquet with lilies in it is sure to bring a smile to your favorite people's faces. At Mahir Floral & Event Designs, we're committed to making every order a breathtaking display that uses the best premium flowers in well-placed arrangements. Whether you want to brighten up your office space or show your loved ones your appreciation for their impact on your life, our expert florists will manage your order with care.
Order your same-day lily delivery today, or contact us to learn more about everything you can say with the right arrangement.