Orchid Arrangements NYC
Orchids are a unique and elegant gift for that eccentric individual in your life. They also make a stunning statement piece in any home, office or storefront. When you're looking for ways to make life more beautiful, consider sending an orchid flower bouquet from Mahir Floral & Event Designs. Our luxury arrangements bring people together and offer a bright spot in anyone's day.
Types of Orchids
In general, orchids symbolize love, strength, and grandeur. They were particularly meaningful in ancient Greece as a message of fertility and virility, encouraging prosperity for new couples. Though that meaning hasn't changed much, today, there are dozens of species and color options, and each of them offers something a little different in looks and meaning.
At Mahir Floral & Event Designs, our expert florists work every day to cultivate the best in exotic flower arrangements. You'll find these orchid varietals in our bouquets:
- Cymbidium: Inspire your recipient with the noble cymbidium orchid, a longstanding symbol of strength and love. This classic orchid is usually green, pink, or red with varying colors near the center.
- Phalaenopsis: This species comes from Southeast Asia and encourages good health and future prosperity. Its petals often provide intriguing patterns of spots and stripes.
- Vanda: The vanda orchid is all about admiration, exclusivity, and royalty. It's a gift reserved for the best of friends, giving you the perfect flower to show them how much they mean to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about our orchids below:
How Long Do Orchids Last?
A fresh-cut orchid arrangement can last up to two weeks with adequate care. Orchids also make excellent houseplants — when planted in soil, like in our Orchid Trio, they can thrive for weeks or even months.
How Can I Care For My Orchid?
While orchid care can vary by location, these basic tips will get you on your way to a healthy and happy orchid that will last a long time:
- Place your orchid somewhere it can get indirect sunlight. Direct sunlight can be too strong for this delicate flower.
- Water your orchid one to two times per week. Orchids like a humid environment, so you can mist them in the mornings between waterings.
- If your orchid is part of an arrangement, change its water, trim the stems, and give it plant food every three days.
- Keep your orchid in room temperature conditions with good airflow.
Do You Do Same-Day Orchid Delivery?
Yes! Our same-day orchid delivery services are available for addresses anywhere in NYC, including Manhattan. We also do same-day deliveries for most of our bouquets, as well as regular deliveries and custom arrangements.
Send an Orchid Flower Bouquet Today
At Mahir Floral & Event Designs, each of our orchids is cut fresh for your order and arranged to create a stunning display your recipient will be happy to display in their home, office, or public space. Our carefully selected orchids brighten up any room, so you can be proud of any arrangement you choose. Contact us today to send an orchid flower bouquet to the ones who mean the most to you. We'll make sure the perfect arrangement arrives at their doorstep.